Strategic Business Systems, Inc is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to work in Beltsville, Maryland. Qualified candidates will possess an active DOD Top Secret Clearance.
SBS has supported Department of State for over 15 years. Our team specifically focuses on the IT Network Engineering support for all of the embassies and consulates globally. This team is 24/7 but this particular role will support a schedule of 3:00pm - 11:00pm on Tuesday through Saturday each week.
- Provide support for overseas Posts on configuration and Implementation of Core Network and Workgroup equipment to include Cisco 3550, 3750, 4506 and 6500 Routers and Switches.
- Configure VPN tunnels, standard and tended access-list, and double and triple DES (Data Encryption Standard) on WAN interfaces of Cisco routers and SafeNet data encryptors for data encrypted connectivity.
- Provide network support and configuration management using systems such as CiscoWorks 2000, as well as operation of fault isolation using diagnostics tools HP OpenView, and Tavve.
- Install certificates on Nortel devices via PKI to allow tunneling access for encryption across the network.
- Involved in the design, implementation and testing of upgrades and new technologies in customer's network architecture.
- Analyze the customer's business requirement, proposing appropriate technologies, development of system architectures, hands-on testing and thorough documentation.
- Additional focus on developing comprehensive deployment plans for upgrading the customer's network or integrating new technologies. This includes evaluation of various techniques and tools for efficient implementation
- Minimum of 2 years of Network Engineering experience with Cisco technologies
- Proven experience in an enterprise network environment (WAN)
- Current Active Top Secret clearance
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is a National Information Technology Services company headquartered in the Washington D.C. Metro area. SBS provides IT infrastructure design, integration, and operation services. Our expertise encompasses the full spectrum of infrastructure technologies, including the latest network, server, data storage, disaster recovery, security, and Internet technologies.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.