Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is hiring a motivated Java Development Software Engineer to support a cutting-edge modeling and analytics framework in support of the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC). On this program you will have the opportunity to work with technical leaders in cloud computing and data analytics to re-architect, modernize, and operationalize a critical tool leveraged across the IC to make real-time, mission-critical decisions. Candidates must have an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and Polygraph.
Candidates will provide software design and development expertise in support of both new application development tasks and maintenance of existing systems. Candidates must be self-motivated who can understand technical concepts and collaborate on technical direction with the team.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications
- Designs and develops major enhancements to existing software
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Meets with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Participates in development of program documentation
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience with full life-cycle software development (analysis, design, development, test, deployment, maintenance) and application of industry-proven design patterns and open source tools. This position requires a combination of new application development tasks and enhancements to existing capabilities on a small team in an agile development environment.
- At least 5 years of Java platform experience with full life-cycle software development (analysis, design, development, test, deployment, maintenance)
- At least 5 years of experience developing software using the Java programming language (Java, Spring, RESTful required)
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Software CM processes / tools (Subversion, etc.)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience in virtualized operations and deployment
- Experience with mission management/planning systems
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SBS encourages a flexible work environment that is focused on work-life balance. Additionally, SBS provides personal opportunity for growth through training, access to technical conferences and workshops, and a tuition reimbursement program. All of our positions are full time permanent positions. We have a comprehensive benefits program, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, etc. SBS provides the opportunity to work with the best in the industry on a wide range of cutting edge enterprise technologies in a fast-paced culture that rewards leadership and creative thinkers.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.