Strategic Business Systems, Inc. is the PRIME on a government contract here in the Washington DC Metro are and we are looking to add a Senior Java Software Engineer to our team. An ACTIVE Top Secret/SCI w/ POLY is required for the position.
The ideal candidate will have a Top Secret/SCI w/ Poly clearance, 10+ years of experience with full life-cycle software development (analysis, design, development, test, deployment, maintenance). Use of industry-proven design patterns and open source tools is required. This position requires a combination of new application development tasks and enhancements to existing capabilities on a growing team in an agile development environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Senior Engineer, this individual will need to provide critical support for modernization project(s) of major business systems. This often requires:
- Working closely with the SW Architect on a daily basis to then help guide the team of other Engineers.
- Serves as lead engineer to the SW Architect and professional staff concerning areas of technological development and advancement.
- Provides broad-based full life cycle leadership in the development of applications.
- Helps formulate recommendations on hardware/software interfacing, large scale systems, expert systems, and technical problems.
- Performs business and system object modeling simulation and analysis.
- Coordinates activities of developers and engineers.
- Provides enterprise software architecture expertise in developing systems supporting common purposes, processes, architectures, and standards.
- Help lead the team for enterprise-wide methodology or tool implementation, or planning and implementing enterprise technology changes such as database technology (e.g., Mongo, DynamoDB, etc).
Typically requires bachelor’s degree and 10 years of related experience.
- At least 10 years of extensive working experience as a developer in J2EE technologies such as JMS, Java Server Pages, Java Servlets, HTML, AngularJS
- At least 5 years of Java platform experience with full life-cycle software development (analysis, design, development, test, deployment, maintenance)
- At least 5 years of experience developing software using the Java programming language (Java, Spring, RESTful required)
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Software CM processes / tools (Subversion, etc.)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Active Top Secret/SCI w/ Poly required
Educational Requirements: Typically requires bachelor’s degree and five to seven years of related experience.
- Experience in virtualized operations and deployment
- Experience with mission management/planning systems
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The candidate selected for hire must possess an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance, per client security requirements. Applicants who do not meet the security clearance requirement will not be contacted for this position.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com