Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is hiring a motivated Linux/AWS DevOps Systems Engineer to support a cutting-edge modeling and analytics framework in support of the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC). On this program you will have the opportunity to work with technical leaders in cloud computing and data analytics to re-architect, modernize, and operationalize a critical tool leveraged across the IC to make real-time, mission-critical decisions. Candidates must have an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and Polygraph.
Candidates must be self-motivated who works well in a fast paced collaborative environment. The successful candidate will have experience designing and implementing solutions and working on a small team in an agile environment.
- Hands-on engineering and operation of scalable IT infrastructures
- Working with DevOps processes and toolsets to support multiple software teams in dev, test, and production environments
- Administration of up to several hundred Linux servers in a hybrid on-premise and cloud environment; experience with AWS is highly desired
- Adherence to configuration management and change control processes and policy
- Manage cybersecurity profile through scanning, patching, and remediating findings
- Working both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Coordinating with Information System Security Officers to ensure all standards and best practices are implemented in systems
- Assisting external customers with development and troubleshooting of IT and software systems
- Perform operational activities to include, but not limited to:
- Monitor and respond to system event notifications and alarms
- Monitor and respond to automated/schedule jobs for completion
- Review application and security audit logs
- Perform system and database backups
- Monitor and respond to current IAVMs and provide plan to address as necessary
- Adhere to configuration and change management policy and processes
- Document system configuration, changes, and incident tickets as necessary
- 2+ years’ Linux system administrator experience with AWS cloud environments
- Proficiency with RHEL and CentOS
- Proficiency with OS and package management
- Demonstrated experience with server configuration management (infrastructure automation) tools (i.e. Ansible, Puppet)
- Demonstrated experience with scripting (Bash/shell, Perl) and/or Ruby experience
- Demonstrated experience with 2 or more of the following languages: Java, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Demonstrated experience with Bamboo, JIRA, Stash, and Jenkins
- Demonstrated experience hardening servers based on DISA STIG and ICD 503 controls
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile development processes
- AWS Certification Preferred (SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Practitioner)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
SBS encourages a flexible work environment that is focused on work-life balance. Additionally, SBS provides personal opportunity for growth through training, access to technical conferences and workshops, and a tuition reimbursement program. All of our positions are full time permanent positions. We have a comprehensive benefits program, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, etc. SBS provides the opportunity to work with the best in the industry on a wide range of cutting edge enterprise technologies in a fast-paced culture that rewards leadership and creative thinkers.