Strategic Business Systems is currently hiring for a Business Intelligence Analyst. This work location is on-site at a Government facility located in the Washington, DC metro area. Top Secret (SCI eligible) or Top Secret/SCI security clearance and able to obtain a Yankee white clearance within 180 days of start. Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the preceding 36 months.
Responsibilities & Duties include, but are not limited to:
Education & Clearance:
- Design and create reports, dashboards, and visualizations to reliably drive business processes
- Handle requests for reports and dashboards
- Provide advice and insight into different metrics
- Own and validate the accuracy and completeness of any data captured in customer systems.
- Troubleshoot data outliers
- Analyze complex data sets and provide insight on developing and report these trends to leadership
- Automate reporting and data requests whenever possible
- Experience mining and analyzing transactional electronic data with competency in one (or more) of the following: SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Python, ACP, IDEA Tableau, MATLAB, Visual Basic, Business Intelligence, Hadoop or Alteryx
- Provide the information for executives to make strong business decisions.
- The business intelligence (BI) analyst will provide the professional role and expertise responsible for data mining, analysis, summaries to maximize its utility, and summarily be used to support decision-making.
- Help managers in the process of making informed business decisions so as to improve or sustain his/her organization’s competitive position.
- Collect past and present data in order to establish and even fashion of an organization’s operation.
- Provide development, reviews and evaluations of operational business processes, activities and data for the purpose of making tactical, strategic business decisions.
- Will need to be operationally focused which allows the agency to quickly react to dynamic and continuously changing issues, business and customer requirements.
- Effort will be a continuous occurrence of business events and processes and is typically will be focused scenarios requiring analysis of business insight on a daily, short-term or frequent basis. This is applicable to operational business applications, systems and storage resources that have the most current business data, events and processes. May require monitoring of data driven business processes and events - in motion and at rest.
- Provide the tools and information for executives to make strategic decisions.
- The BI analyst will utilize and transition to the standard tools that are available to the enterprise users in order to ensure the reoccurring reports can be transitioned to be generated and delivered in-house by the Directorates and Commands.
- Implement standard reporting systems in the organization.
- The BI analyst will also be responsible for designing reports and developing processes to aid the business intelligence of an organization.
- Develop standards for best practices for reporting, marketing, and educating the customer on available reporting tools in the agency and how they can be utilized to provide reoccurring reports.
- Data mine the customer enterprise services to the use data to figure out market and business trends for companies to increase profits and efficiency.
- Gather data through a number of ways, from mining the PITC computer systems through software, looking at competitors data and industry trends to help develop a picture of where the Agency stands in the industry, industry trends and standards, where they can improve and where they can avoid costs.
- Exploit the data warehouse of the company to dig for important statistics and facts that may help in rendering a true picture of an organization’s industry standing and performance.
- The business intelligence analyst will spend most of their time analyzing data that includes past trends, current conditions, projected, etc. They must be able to look at large chunks of data and understand trends, and then communicate those trends to the customer.
- Ensure that the customer knows whom to approach for data to meet the report requests (TTPs)
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BA/BS in a technical discipline OR appropriate years of experience
- TS (SCI eligible) or TS/SCI clearance with ability to receive a Yankee White within 180 days of contract start
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the preceding 36 months
- At least 5 years of experience in requirements analysis, systems engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience in data analysis preferred.
- Have extensive experience building star schemas, facts to dimensions matrices, working with large enterprise data warehousing, reporting, and Business Intelligence projects.
- Extensive experience in building conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Experience with any of the following: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, PowerBI, Qlik, R, Python, SQL, NOSQL, and/or Tableau
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to turn unstructured problems into easily digestible analysis and conclusions
- Proficiency in identifying/interpreting trends and anomalies in data, and troubleshooting accordingly
The candidate selected for hire must possess an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance, per client security requirements. Applicants who do not meet the security clearance requirement will not be contacted for this position.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org