Strategic Business Systems is looking for a Windows Server Engineer (specializing in Active Directory) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC but may require local travel to DoS sites in the greater DC metro area and short trips within CONUS.
The qualified applicant will support a global enterprise network ranging from enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. This position specifically supports assessment and authorization (A&A) of major systems under customer purview.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position requires the candidate to work closely with system owners to prepare them for A&A activities to include the following responsibilities
- Perform lifecycle Systems Engineering for existing and new Directory Services capabilities on multi-forest multi-domain Active Directory infrastructure with more than 300 sites worldwide.
- Support the large distributed AD environment with integration to Azure AD for cloud based applications
- Provide Tier III Support to include in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of issues escalated by Tier II support personnel.
- Perform Operations and Maintenance (O&M) activities related to the management of enterprise scale Active Directory to include maintenance actions, engineering changes, upgrades, and remediation of potential security vulnerabilities.
- Support Directory Service Projects to include design, development, testing, and deployment of new or enhanced capabilities or Group Policy.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM with 9 years of experience; Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- 2+ year’s hands-on experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience supporting Active Directory capabilities in distributed environments
- Fundamental knowledge of Domain Controller roles
- Experience engineering/supporting systems and applications on enterprises with up to 5,000 users
- Experience supporting security hardened OS and applications against Industry/DoD/Other Govt guidelines
- Experience supporting systems that follow the Risk Management Framework (RMF) for Accreditation and Authorization (A&A)
- Position requires a current, active Top Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Department of State (DOS) on-site customer experience (domestic and/or overseas)
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Microsoft Active Directory on Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Expert knowledge of Federation Services and Cloud-integrated identities
- Experience engineering/supporting users and applications on enterprises with 20,000 users
- Experience engineering/supporting Active Directory with inter-domain trusts in a globally distributed environments with greater than 10,000 endpoints
- Experience developing/supporting Powershell scripts
- Experience supporting environments with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) based processes and/or ISO 20K certified
- Experience with cloud-based services (SaaS and IaaS) used by Government customers
- Industry standard training and/or certifications; DOS specific training and/or certifications
The candidate selected for hire must possess an active Top Secret security clearance, per client security requirements. Applicants who do not meet the security clearance requirement will not be contacted for this position.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com