SBS is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Beltsville, MD. The qualified applicant will become part of SBS' Windows Server environment to support the Department of State (DoS). The NOC operation provides 7x24x365 monitoring and control of the unclassified and classified networks connecting DoS facilities worldwide. All candidates must possess an active DoD Top Secret Clearance.
This position requires the candidate to work the following shift schedule:
• Swing shift: 3 pm to 11 pm
• Work week is Tuesday through Saturday
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides Tier 2 support on a multi-domain structure for global enterprise and remote management of Active Directory Domain Services, domain controllers, DNS, objects in AD, including backup, recovery and restoration of objects.
• Provides daily, close coordination with world-wide customers, other tiers of support and remotes sites.
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
• Determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Ensures system uptime and stability.
• Provides timely and clear communications
• May require the development of Standing Operating Procedures, conducting informal and formal training sessions and serving as project lead on key technical projects.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• 1-2 years’ experience in a Windows server and client environment.
• Knowledge of Windows migrations, Active Directory, domain controller monitoring and management.
• Must possess extensive troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Possess strong analytical skills.
• Must possess drive, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
• Must be customer focused and possess the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Prior experience with Department of State, DoD or other government agency
• Experience with NetIQ AppManager, Security manager and Remedy help desk application.
• Knowledge of ITIL processes and service management best practices
• ITIL V3 Foundations Certified
• MCSE or MCSA certified
• Direct experience with SCCM, SCOM, Citrix, and/or VMware Knowledge
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is a National Information Technology Services company headquartered in the Washington D.C. Metro area. SBS provides IT infrastructure design, integration, and operation services. Our expertise encompasses the full spectrum of infrastructure technologies, including the latest network, server, data storage, disaster recovery, security and Internet technologies.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com