Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS)
is hiring a motivated Full Stack Software Engineer
to support a cutting-edge modeling and analytics framework in support of the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC). On this program you will have the opportunity to work with technical leaders in cloud computing and data analytics to re-architect, modernize, and operationalize a critical tool leveraged across the IC to make real-time, mission-critical decisions. Candidates must have an active Top-Secret clearance with the eligibility to obtain SCI and Polygraph.
The candidate will work closely with our other developers and QA in an Agile framework. You will also have opportunity to work with Python, Java and a variety of AWS services.
This position requires a broad knowledge of computer science and software engineering as well as diverse development principles. Candidates will provide software design and development expertise in support of both new application development tasks and maintenance of existing systems. Candidates must be self-motivated who can understand technical concepts and collaborate on technical direction with the team.
- Provide full stack development and technical services to support the data analytics and system integrations Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software
- Designs and develops major enhancements to existing software
- Meets with project teams and end users to identify system and application requirements
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Modify services to maintain connections to external interfaces
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Addresses problems of systems integration and compatibility across multiple platforms
- Troubleshoots production incidents related to system and software components
- Participates in the development of program artifacts and documentation
- Develop test automation scripts and automations
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years’ experience with full life-cycle software development (analysis, design, development, test, deployment, maintenance) and application of industry-proven design patterns and open source tools. This position requires a combination of new application development tasks and enhancements to existing capabilities on a small team in an agile development environment.
- 4+ years of experience developing web applications using Java, node.js, or other full-stack environment
- Demonstrated experience with programming lanaguages such as Java or Python
- Demonstrated experience with consuming and writing RESTful web services
- Demonstrated experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience using with the Atlassian Suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo etc.)
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience with software configuration management tools and processes / tools (Git, Maven, Stash, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience with AWS APIs and services
- Experience with ElasticStack
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work productively in a fast-paced team environment
- Active TS Clearance
SBS is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full time employees. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance/Disability, and Paid Time Off (PTO). SBS provides the opportunity to work with the best in the industry on a wide range of cutting-edge enterprise technologies in a fast-paced culture that rewards leadership and creative thinkers.
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.