Strategic Business Systems is looking for a Network Operations Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Beltsville, MD but may require local travel to DoS sites in the greater DC metro area and short trips within CONUS.
This Network Operations Manager is responsible for leading the Enterprise Operations team in maintaining Cisco and other network devices as well as a working knowledge of encryption solutions and knowledge of local and wide-area networks. This includes incident management, problem management, configuration management, maintenance, operational support and optimization of all network device hardware, software and communication links.
Description of Duties:
- Oversight of the network operations staff supporting incidents, service requests and changes, as well as, maintain daily performance and availability of the Department of State enterprise network.
- Serve as an escalation point to the Network Operations team and Government management, to assist with troubleshooting complex issues, with an emphasis on being able to analyze packet captures at an expert level.
- Ensure that the OPS Division and NA branch projects/initiatives/goals are met in a reasonable and timely manner.
- Provides high-level technical leadership to data and network managed service
- Interfaces with others technical teams on network infrastructure problems and advices management on technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Manages identification and collecting of performance/operational metrics in accordance with Service Level Agreements and other performance reports. Ensures SLAs are achieved, and customer expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Contributes to the creation of Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) with other technical teams to ensure responsibilities, policies and procedures are clearly defined.
- 9 or more years of experience in Network Operations
- Implementation of networking best practices
- Extensive Cisco background
- Ability to manage/lead team of network engineers in a collaborative 24X7 network operations environment while being highly motivated to lead projects and initiatives.
- Proven people management skills.
- Experience working successfully in an Enterprise IT service management environment.
- Works extensively with Cisco Enterprise solution products
- Experience in processes development, deployment, and management
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills.
- Candidate must have very strong understanding and ability to implement Cisco router, switch, firewalls, and ASA products
- Expert skills troubleshooting access-lists, IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, Static Routing.
- A detailed understanding and be capable of implementing various routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP and static routes
- The ability to conduct research on networking products with various vendors to accommodate changing customer requirements.
- Cisco CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) certification a minimum
- Good technical understanding of firewall devices (Palo Alto, A10s, Stonegate)
- Good technical understanding of load balancers (F5)
- Cisco CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) certification highly preferred
: TOP SECRET (Active)
The candidate selected for hire must possess an active Secret security clearance, per client security requirements. Applicants who do not meet the security clearance requirement will not be contacted for this position.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com