Strategic Business Systems is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Washington, DC area but may require travel to sites in the greater DC metro area and short trips within CONUS/OCONUS.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Evaluates communication hardware and software, troubleshoots LAN/MAN/WAN and other network related problems, provides technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks.
- Performs general LAN/MAN/WAN administration, provides technical leadership in the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks.
- Schedules conversions and cutovers.
- Oversees network control center.
- Supervises maintenance of systems.
- Coordinates with all responsible users and sites.
- Supervises staff.
- 5 years of experience
- TS/SCI clearance with ability to receive a Yankee White within 180 days of contract start.
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the preceding 36 months
- Should have Security +, CCNA or CCIP/CCNP network certifications (or extensive background) in networking systems.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline
The candidate selected for hire must possess an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance, per client security requirements. Applicants who do not meet the security clearance requirement will not be contacted for this position.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com