Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is hiring an Archive Data Management (ADM) Specialist to support data center operations in Richmond, VA. This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) supporting a Monday - Friday schedule from 8:00am - 4:30pm, however, employees should have some flexibility to support other shifts and nights/weekends on occasion. In addition, the candidate should have availability to travel down to the Virginia Beach, VA site in emergency situations, which is very limited.
The successful candidate will perform ADM Specialist duties per prescribed, documented processes and procedures to support data protection operations of critical customer information. These tasks include but are not limited to scanning, comparing, processing of media, mounting/demounting of media, performing system commands, assisting customers via phone and email, and interacting with hardware including placing service requests via phone and/or electronically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer assistance using all types of communication to ensure that the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Provide input to library procedures and produce and maintain all documentation necessary to comply with client requirements
- Provide constructive input for shift turnover to management and teammates
- Maintain and ensure tape inventory integrity by performing or assisting with library tape reconciliation activities
- Interact with and utilize all tape library software and media tracking products
- Perform tape assignments to include adding, releasing, removing, deleting, scratching, replacing, initializing, marking, confirming, notifying, expiring, and extending
- Maintain vital records to include adding, updating, obsoleting, revalidating, testing, and packaging and shipping records
- Order library supplies
- Perform floor sweeps searching for media as needed which may include searching under/on top of equipment, under raised floor tiles, etc.
- Escalate any documentation, process or procedure discrepancies and follow-up to management until resolved
- Be able and willing to learn new tasks/skills as required
- Must be able to communicate and understand verbal, written, and electronic instructions in English
- Moderate computer skills, experience using Excel and Word is required
- Ability to use email, communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to follow detailed processes/instructions is required
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware
- Perform system queries for information and provide interpretation and resolution as appropriate
- Recognize minor to moderate hardware malfunctions and be able to resolve most problems under direction/supervision of lead personnel
- Understand and utilize communication and work tools (phone, e-mail, turnover tools, fax, client training tools, other client specific work tools, etc.)
- Initiate detailed search for misfiled media when required
- Perform additional tasks and/or duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma or equivalent
While performing these duties employees are regularly required to sit, talk or hear (in person and by phone), use hands to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment, and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk, stand and move about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must have ability to ascend and descend stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds without assistance
While performing these duties, employees are regularly required to effectively use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new skills and information; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; and interact with other employees, clients and vendors. Must maintain composure in a fast paced, high quality environment where personal and team accountabilities are the defining factors.
SBS is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full time employees. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance/Disability, and Paid Time Off (PTO). SBS provides the opportunity to work with the best in the industry on a wide range of cutting-edge enterprise technologies in a fast-paced culture that rewards leadership and creative thinkers.
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.