Strategic Business Systems, Inc is seeking an experienced Senior Network Engineer to work in Crystal City (Arlington, VA). Qualified candidates will possess an active DOD Top Secret (SCI preferred)
or above for consideration.
Numerous shifts available to include:
Day shift: Sunday- Thursday 6:00AM-2:30PM or Tuesday-Saturday 6:00AM-2:30PM
Overnight Shift – Tuesday – Saturday 10:00PM – 6AM
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining network devices (switches, routers) of data and communications networks as part of Network Team. The candidate will work with Shift Manager, Tier I/II Service Desk Technicians, cable’s team to resolve customer impacting network outages, network changes and activation. This requires the candidate to be efficient with minimal supervision.
- Provide support for overseas Posts on configuration and Implementation of Core Network and Workgroup equipment to include Cisco 3550, 3750, 4506 and 6500 Routers and Switches.
- Configure VPN tunnels, standard and tended access-list, and double and triple DES (Data Encryption Standard) on WAN interfaces of Cisco routers and SafeNet data encryptors for data encrypted connectivity.
- Provide network support and configuration management using systems such as CiscoWorks 2000, as well as operation of fault isolation using diagnostics tools HP OpenView, and Tavve.
- Install, configure systems to user environments and maintain/monitor communications network devices
- Schedules authorized outages to implement proposed solutions.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Network Engineering experience with Cisco technologies
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security+ CE or higher)
- Hands-on experience with the Network Administration data and voice communications networks.
- CCNA or CCNP highly preferred
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is a National Information Technology Services company headquartered in the Washington D.C. Metro area. SBS provides IT infrastructure design, integration, and operation services. Our expertise encompasses the full spectrum of infrastructure technologies, including the latest network, server, data storage, disaster recovery, security, and Internet technologies.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.