Strategic Business Systems (SBS) is hiring a NetBackup Engineer to support multiple Public Sector customers in the Washington, DC area. Per customer requirements, candidates must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly and U.S. citizenship.
Candidates that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
In this role, the candidate will support customers currently leveraging Veritas NetBackup. He/she will be responsible for coordinating and executing onsite customer care with the partner and/or end customer to include overseeing technical implementations, upgrades, and escalations. He/she must proactively communicate with the end-to-end customer relationship team. Candidates must be able to travel throughout the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC area on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the customer to resolve complex system-level problems on multiple platforms.
- Investigating, diagnosing, and analyzing technically difficult and/or politically sensitive problems.
- Capturing customer and engineering interactions in writing including investigation, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues.
- Managing workload to insure all customers issues are handled in a timely manner and driven to resolution.
- Documenting known issues, workarounds, and general information to add to the support knowledge base.
- Continually learning to stay informed of new product features, related applications, hardware and technologies.
- Communicating with supporting parties for each customer to relay information and opportunities.
- Knowledge of multiple Operating Systems is essential.
- Results-oriented self-starter.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, an ability to analyze and resolve complex problems with a positive, friendly customer-service attitude.
- Ability to work with others in a team setting.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting NetBackup/Appliance products.
- Understanding of networking concepts and technologies.
- Understanding of Fiber Channel and Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Hardware/Software experience and previous Systems administration experience, and TCP/IP networking experience is preferred.
- Exposure to server virtualization platforms (VMWare, Hyper-V, OpenStack, CloudStack) and Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) considered a plus.
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is a National Information Technology Services company headquartered in the Washington D.C. Metro area. SBS provides IT infrastructure design, integration, and operation services. Our expertise encompasses the full spectrum of infrastructure technologies, including the latest network, server, data storage, disaster recovery, security, and Internet technologies.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.