Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is hiring an Archive Data Management (ADM) Customer Associate to support data center operations in Benton Harbor, MI. This position will support a Saturday and Sunday schedule from 7:00am - 7:00pm, however, employees should have some flexibility to support other shifts and nights/weekends on occasion.
The successful candidate will perform ADM Specialist duties per prescribed, documented processes and procedures to support data protection operations of critical customer information. Candidates will assisting customers in-person, via phone and email, and interact with hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
On Site Security Support:
- Issue security badges for access to raised floor access at the data center
- Escort visitors from the building entrance to the data center
- Collect badges at the conclusion of the visit
- Maintain a visitor sign-in form
- Monitor email for management pre-approved access requests and obtain approval for visitors that are not pre-approved
- System admin will communicate requests to support personnel team members and provide information such as:
- Server details:
- Server name
- Serial number
- Grid location
- Take recommended actions, such as:
- Power reset
- Shut down
- Connecting peripherals e.g., monitors
- Remove and reinstall USB token
- Take appropriate action and reply to requests with status updates
Facilities Planning Support
- Identify temporary floor space for equipment being delivered to the data center
- Coordinate the removal of packing material
- Log occurrence of custodial service
- Gather information necessary for data center drawings, such as:
- Location of equipment
- Provide requested information to the hardware planning team
- Monitor the data center for water, smoke, and lighting problems and will report issues to facilities management
- Reset water, smoke, and lighting alarms and perform basic visual checks (including lifting floor tiles to look below the raised floor) for causes of the alarm on request
- Assist data center technicians in moving server racks and other hardware within the data center on request
- On request from Deskside Support, take packages to be shipped out to the Mail Room
SBS is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full time employees. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance/Disability, and Paid Time Off (PTO). SBS provides the opportunity to work with the best in the industry on a wide range of cutting-edge enterprise technologies in a fast-paced culture that rewards leadership and creative thinkers.
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.