Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is hiring a Mainframe Engineer to work 100% remote. The candidate will act as a team member to support a large mainframe environment for a Managed Services customer. The role does not require hands on console skills from a host perspective, but understanding the terminology and concepts is a must. He or she will work hand in hand daily with the customer team and needs to understand the implications of project activities, how to perform them correctly with no customer impact, and be able to clearly communicate with the customer's team.
- Hands on Hitachi Vantara (HV) Enterprise array knowledge. Detailed knowledge of PPRC and BCM components(TC/HUR/SI), Pools, LDEV’s, SSID’s etc.
- Hands on Cisco Director Class knowledge (Ficon/FCIP )
- Understanding of IBM GDPS, methodology/concepts.
- UCB knowledge and how device addressing functions.
- General IBM zOS concepts.
- Understanding of zOS connectivity principles, Channel Paths etc. and how they function in a Ficon switched environment.
- Understanding of Ficon Cascade technology
- Ability to trouble shoot complex performance issues quickly, utilizing available tools HTNM/Stor Nav
- Understanding the impact of MF based performance issues which are Core Banking Applications.
SBS encourages a flexible work environment that is focused on work-life balance. Additionally, SBS provides personal opportunities for growth through vendor-led training, access to technical conferences and workshops, big vendor shadowing as well as a tuition reimbursement program. SBS offers a comprehensive benefits program, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, etc. SBS provides the opportunity to work with the best in the industry on a wide range of cutting-edge enterprise technologies in a fast-moving culture that rewards leadership and creative thinkers.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strategic Business Systems, Inc. (SBS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.